Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Thank you and Day 12

Thank you to everyone who responded to my last post. I'm tremendously touched that people are willing to reach out for my little girl and pleased that Thursday will be a day punctuated by small acts of kindness. Thank you.

So, my OCD. My family have often been wont to wonder whether I really, truly do have this illness. I don't think I do, certainly not enough to entail a formal diagnosis. But  I do have a very strong need for things to be "just so". If someone puts a can in the cupboard upside down (or back to front) then I HAVE to turn it around the right way. It is a long running source of humour/frustration for my husband that I cannot -absolutely cannot- go to sleep if he has his pillowcase turned wrong side up - even if it's dark and I can't see it. Just knowing that it is "wrong", is enough to leave me lying uncomfortably awake. When we changed the bookcase in our living area, I ended up demanding that Dave just let me put the books back - he wasn't putting all the books by the same author in the same place, you see. All this seems nothing more than harmlessly idiosyncratic to me ...

I'm always LATE for everything though ...

No comments: