I feel as though Emma's birthday has hit me out of nowhere. Because Ben and Lucy have birthdays at the end of September, the build up to her special day is short, but intense. I just feel ... malaise ... I want her back, I can't have her back and I don't want to be trying to find ways to make a second birthday that is also a death-day into something meaningful. I mean I do, of course I do, but I don't. Oh ... if you're in this with me, you know. You understand the sentiment behind that befuddled stream of words. Last year, we planned lots of stuff to do. This year, not so much. I'll make a cake and we'll each have a gift (a tradition - if second time through can be said to make a tradition - I hope will continue through the years.) But, I wanted something more for her.
Her name means "All encompassing" or "universal". If that seems a random leap, it's not. I'd like to ask all my bloggy / FB friends if they would be prepared to try and do a small, random act of kindness on October 14th, in memory of Emma - making kindness "universal". It doesn't have to be big (and I know it's not an original idea - I have stolen it directly from lovely Angie!) but it would mean a lot to me to know she is remembered in some little ways around the world. Thank you.
And now ... Day 11. A photo of me now. My husband took the "now" literally and took a picture of me, sitting at the laptop (actually leaving a comment on Angie's blog, if you want to be precise about it) - tired, a bit low, scruffy after a quick tidy round now the kids are in bed. Literally, me NOW. Not the most flattering thing I've ever seen!

10 comments:
I'm in for sure. Emma's day will be a beautiful day. Also you look beautiful. I love seeing all my bloggy friends in their natural habitat.
Love this idea Jill!! Count me in! :)
absolutely! I'm in.
xx
Ines
Count me in. Lovely idea. I know exactly what you mean though about trying to make the day meaningful, but just wanting to hide under a bit old rock at the same time. It is all such a mess.
And, if you feel so inclined, do look me up on FB!
xo
Yep - I'm in. Will be spreading the random kindness and thinking of Emma on the 14th. I love the idea of gifts on her birthday.
It's lovely to see you, just as you are.
I will of course be thinking of Emma tomorrow, and I will try the random act of kindness...not sure what it'll be yet, but then I guess that's random for you eh?
Thinking of you. x
I would be honoured to do something for Emma's birthday. I do totally understand how you're feeling right now. It's all so bittersweet... Wanting to make the day a meaningful one, but it's so, so hard to face. I always feel a bit of relief once these bithday/anniversary days have passed, but also sadness for the fact that time continues to march on. Thinking of you.
I will do an act of kindness in Emma's name, my friend. And you are lovely! x
Love this idea! Count me in.
I think that is a beautiful way to celebrate your daughter and I would be honored to do a good dead in her name!
Post a Comment