Friday, 8 October 2010

Day 8 - A photo that makes me angry or sad.


This was taken 20th September 2008. We were celebrating my mother-in-law's 60th birthday by going on the "York eye" - one of those slow moving, viewing  ferris wheels. I don't know who took the photograph - I didn't even know it was being taken, hence the completely unguarded pose. I'm 36ish weeks pregnant, rubbing my bump and chatting to Emma. I feel so sad that a beautiful, full, happy pregnancy ended like this and so angry that I went through a full nine months for "nothing" (not that she is nothing, but you know what I mean). I didn't look at the camera for a long time after Emma died and when I came to sort out the prints I wanted, this was the picture that made me sob and sob and sob.

5 comments:

nocton4 said...

oh honey, I found you via your comment on lazy seamstress's blog and couldn't not come and say hi, offer a hug and understanding,the name Emma jumped out at me.
We live without our little girl Emma Joan, who left us 39 mins after birth in march 2005.
hugs and love from one Mama to another xx

Fireflyforever said...

Thank you - and I'm so sorry about your precious Emma too.

Catherine W said...

It's heartbreaking. I wish that everything had gone differently for you and for Emma. xo

Shannon Ryan said...

so heartbreaking!

Jeanette said...

Oh Jill, I have tears pricking my eyes. You look so content and ordinary (in a good way) in that photo.
I'm so sorry.x