Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Quieting the snakes.

My darling man looks burdened tonight - his shoulders are hunched and his eyes are dark. There's been an inspection in school so it isn't all that surprising. But I recognize grief beyond tiredness so I ask ... and he replies "A. was off today." A & his wife both work with D. More than that, they are his closest friends there. A's wife is currently on maternity leave with their third child. They have a daughter, they have a son ... so far, so parallel lives. I have prayed since Emma died that their new baby would be a boy.

Today, they had a baby girl.

Whenever, I feel like this pit must have a bottom ...

I hide my Medusa head - I shush the snakes, cram them back down and try not to focus on the fact she cried when she found she was having an unplanned third pregnancy. Because her new daughter will be loved and cherished - just like mine is. Because when I miscarried our tiny one, she send me a huge bouquet of flowers. But mainly because my husband is hurting and I want to make it right for him. I can't but I can try to avoid making it more wrong.

1 comment:

Dalene said...

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to watch others getting the happy ending that you are supposed to have.