Monday, 17 October 2011

Three.

My baby loss remembrance ribbon pinned to my coat, breakfast with a friend, quiet snuggles with Emma's little brother, a bouquet of deepest red from us and pink roses from her grandparents arranged around her headstone, a butterfly cake with lashings of vanilla butter cream and silver sparkles. So many cards and well wishes, tears and laughter and reminiscences and moments of "what if ..." and a night at a cottage by the sea, with lashings of white wine, her candle and a roaring fire.

It was a good day, really it was. Still missing her, still missing my Emma.

7 comments:

Merry said...

It sounds as perfect as it could be.

Lots of love, as ever.

Addi's mom said...

That all sounds wonderful. So glad her day was remembered by so many.

Shannon Ryan said...

and you always will still miss her Jill. xxxooo! I thought of you often on Emma's day.

Hope's Mama said...

All my love to you, Jill. I will always remember sweet Emma.
xo

Clare said...

I'm glad it was a happy peaceful day, sometimes the build up is the worst part.

Arbor Exchange said...

A roaring fire sounds nice. Sometimes I'd like to replace my candles for Margot with a massive roaring fire.

Wishing you peace today. Remembering Emma.

JOsh

Anonymous said...

Love and light.. always.