"We're all going on a summer holiday" ... la, la, la, la.
It's nice, having my family around me. August is the biggest perk of having a husband who teaches. The six weeks holiday is delicious for us - completely shared parenting means lie-ins, blissful opportunities for much missed sleep.
We pack picnics and head off to parks, museums and such. Today was lovely and lively and happy. I was surprised by the pang I felt when I saw a V-E-R-Y pregnant lady. I thought I was past that. In the land of the lost, I'm lucky enough to have been found. But, sometimes I still feel lost and pregnant bellies remind me. But, it's fleeting these days and all I have to do to counter it, is look at the tiny sumo wrestler who looks up at me and laughs as if he's really pleased to see me and the feeling folds back into my heart.
At some point we'll head back to the place I wrote about here and it'll be lovely. I have been there with Dave and Ben and Lucy and Emma (34 weeks pregnant). I was there last year with tiny, still mostly secret, Jurgen tucked inside of me. This year, I actually get to follow up on a pregnancy and head back with a baby - an honest to goodness little person. I will get to see how Toby reacts to sand (on current form - my prediction is he'll try to lick it!) and I'll still wonder what Emma would have made of it all.
3 comments:
Have a fabulous time. Those bellies still get me too. All part of what we lost.
xo
Have a lovely Holiday Jill!!! Those bellies get to me sometimes too.. mostly I feel like, they probably have NO idea what could happen to them.. and then I end up feeling sad for THEM?!!? Crazy, right??
I'm surprised how much I'm missing my belly. I hadn't realised that it's the bellies too, another reminder.
Your summer sounds wonderful, enjoy!
Post a Comment