***
I don't really have many words to describe how my pregnancy feels right now either. We're as ready as we're able to be. Clothes and bedding are washed and hospital bag supplies purchased. I don't have the same sense of something imminent and bad that I had last time but I still have no strong sense of this little being who is so physically present within me. I am in love but I couldn't tell you I had a strong sense of the gender of this baby or that I have any true belief that we'll get to bring him/her home with us. Just hope. I am anxious about the birth of this baby. I have not really had anything that would constitute a "good" experience of giving birth. I'm hoping our bereavement midwife will be able to help a little when we see her this week.
***
In the absence of anything profound to say, I thought I'd include this song. Our nephew stayed with us this weekend and he played this a lot. Just after Emma died, my best friend sent me a link to the song saying how much it reminded her of Emma and I:
3 comments:
Christmas, new baby, so much to wrap your head around, I understand your lack of words.
That song alwaya always has me in tears, and now is no exception.
Love to you.
I love that song. Strange as Take That are not really my 'thing' but it became Jessica's anthem during her NICU stay. I even had it played on hospital radio for her a couple of times. I can't hear it now without tears in my eyes.
I wish your little Emma could have stayed too. I wish that both our girls could have stayed.
I hope that the bereavement midwife can help xo
No words. Just (((Hugs))) and sending you all peaceful thoughts as you face all these new and different moments and remember your Emma.
Post a Comment