Monday, 31 August 2009

Honest Scrap

Today has been a sad one but I was uplifted to get this from Lachlan's mum. Thank you - I was touched.

The rules are:
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 7 winners’ names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they have won the Honest Scrap award.

So, here are my 7 nominations for the award (a tough one this. I find every blog I visit speaks to me in some way):

Opus Angara
Baby Bean v1.1
I lost a World
Knocked up, knocked down
Inanna Journey
After Iris
Waiting for Happy

I hope you're all able to participate. The 10 interesting facts bit is hard!!!

... And now for the ten probably not-very-interesting facts about me:

1) I ADORE "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. I read it for the first time when I about nine and I've read it about 20 times since then.

2) Thanks to my husband and my DS I can quote very large chunks of St.ar Wa.rs - the original trilogy (none of this prequel rubbish) . I do a mean Chewbacca impression!

3) My Victoria sponge cakes NEVER rise but I make a fabulous milk chocolate cake with lashings of milk chocolate icing.

4) I learned to belly dance when I was university. I figured with the amount of belly I had it had to be meant for something. I was good and would love to do it again.

5) I love Meatloaf ( hey, this is HONEST scrap!!) and was once on a television programme that he was on.

6) I did half an A-level in Latin Literature and a year of Chinese Language and Literature as part of my degree.

7) I used to have a phobia of bananas. I still hate them but made myself touch them when I was weaning my DS & again with DD ... both of whom now also hate them!!

8) I can't whistle at all. Just can't do it.

9) My absolute favourite colour is purple and I used to dress in it from neck to toe when I was a teenager - even though it clashed with my very red hair (not natural unfortunately - courtesy of a bag or seven of henna).

10) I failed my driving test four times and only passed my fifth because I was not asked to reverse park. I'd still be taking driving tests 14 years later if I had had to reverse park because I still can't do it. I have very limited spatial awareness!!

3 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

Loved learning these new tidbits about you, Jill. And would love to hear that Chewbacca impersonation one day!
I hope your day is going ok....
xo

Juliet said...

I loved reading your list! I also can't whistle. :)

Catherine W said...

As someone who made no less than three (yup, three) failed Victoria sponges this weekend just gone, I hear you. I used to have the trick but it has obviously left me.

Can't quite understand the fear of bananas though. Perhaps it is something genetic.

Love to you xx