Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Catharsis

I started with the cupboard under the stairs, then moved on to the cupboard containing the pram we bought for Emma (a proud E.ba.y moment that one!), the sideboard, the bookshelves, the cupboards in the children's room, the garage. Cleaning, decluttering, bringing order. I am not a hoarder by nature and chaos distresses me. Hurling broken toys and mouldy carpets into the giant skips at the tip felt GOOD. I look around and I feel accomplished.

If only it were so easy to do the same with my brain.

6 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

I hear you Jill. If only hey......

Shannon Ryan said...

Oh yeah Jill!! Sadly my nesting has worn down before it even really began! I REALLY NEED to get motivated just to do the dishes! ;)

T said...

I've definitely found much solace in physical projects...cleaning, sorting...creating order in a life that seems so out of order.

Catherine W said...

Yup, if only I could declutter my brain.

I'm glad it felt good to sort it all out. xx

Leila's mommy said...

declutter my brain? if only...
glad you are finding some order. me, moving on monday, we'll see how that goes...

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to just be able to COMPLETE something. So satisfying. xxx