Friday's scan went well. By all such indications, Jurgen is healthy and growing well just as he or she should be. We have stayed with an enigmatic bump - D. says girl, I say (somewhat tentatively - with almost a 100% track record in being wrong) a boy.
To say we were relieved by the good news would be an understatement! I know ... heavens don't we all? ... that such things are not 100% but for now, I'm happy & excited and choosing to believe that I might just bring home a baby in January.
Our children think so. We told them on Friday night. We were braced for the questions about whether this baby would die. They didn't come then, just squeaks and squeals of excitement. "I think it will either be a boy baby or a girl baby" says 4 year old L. sagely. There are signs that they have more anxiety than "normal" siblings. L. saw a mother with her baby in the changing room at dance class. She leaned in confidentially to me and whispered, "I hope this baby lives. I'd like us to have a baby at home." Oh me too, sweetheart, me too. Our 6 year old keeps stroking and cuddling my bump and asking, "Is Jurgen kicking you just now, mummy?" It's what we expected - this pregnancy is different from Emma's for all of us but their hope is good.
11 comments:
I'm so relieved to hear that things are fine. Both you and Jurgen look absolutely gorgeous! xx
Jurgen is lovely!! and so are you Jill!! 20 weeks already! WOW!!!
Wating for January with your family.. :)
You look beautiful, and so does Jurgen. xo
beautiful, just beautiful:)
What lovely news. You both look absolutely stunning.
I love L's comment about the baby being either a boy or a girl. Very wise indeed. xo
Oh you're both beautiful. And I love the responses of your older children. So sweet and innocent.
xo
Both you and your beautiful Jurgen look amazing. ((hugs))
I've been waiting to get back to a computer after all my traveling to hear about your scan. I'm glad the kiddos are doing well with the news. Jurgen looks adorable - I love ultrasound pictures. You look very lovely. Over half way! Isn't that amazing?! :) *hugs*
You look gorgeous! I'm so glad the scan went well.
what lovely pics of the both of you! very exciting! and the things your children say touch my heart. they are so sweet.
XO
wow so exciting!! :D
Post a Comment