Monday, 4 May 2009

The Great British Art of Understatement.

D. (Finding me, daydreaming in our room): Are you okay? Are you feeling sad about Emma?

Me: Well, yes a bit. But, really, I was thinking about the fact that the little one we miscarried would be turning one right around now. His due date was May 4th last year. I'm just feeling really fed up because we've been trying to bring a third baby home for over 2 years now and we haven't managed.

D: Yeah. We haven't been terribly successful at that have we?

Me: No. Not terribly.

Cue slightly manic laughter from both of us.

P.S Have I mentioned how much I love this man?

4 comments:

Rachele Stuart said...

Jill, that sounds just like Garrin and I. Every once in a while, we say something or just think it and burst into that maniacal, strange laughter. I love how we can read each others mind.

Mirne said...

I have a man like that too. Thank goodness :-)

k@lakly said...

It is so nice when you have someone who really gets it and even nicer when it's your husband;)
But it sucks that you have to 'get it' at all...sighs.

Shannon Ryan said...

Have to love that manical laughter we can share with the hubbys! ;)